Friday, January 25, 2008

Huh....

While walking my dog just now I ran into a girl, and her mom, who live near me. Having a person my age who lives near me is definitely a plus, but I've always been too nervous to be like 'hey, let's get together'. I'm not looking for a relationship of any sort, just someone to hang out with. When out walking, I ran into her with her dog. Her dog and mine always get along, as they did this time, so during the pleasant neighbourly chat someone suggested that we let them run around some time. So without thinking I was like 'oh yeah sure, just give me a call I'm usually available' and they were like 'ok sounds good yada yada'. So maybe we'll get together at some point, cause I think it'd be fun. Whether or not I make an ass of myself remains to be seen.

Sorry this reads like a highschool diary entry but I don't have positive interactions with new people often, let alone attractive women my age. I usually just mutter something or laugh nervously.

2 comments:

RedHeadedDesigner said...

awkwardness is endearing.

gord said...

You know Laura, people say that, but I've never really gotten that vibe from anyone. But thanks anyways, I'm sure if you feel that way others must.