Monday, August 24, 2009

Currently Employed

So, much has changed since I last update. Well kinda anyways.

I went back for a second interview with CD Warehouse, this time with the owner. It went really well, although some of the questions were kind of personal and awkward, like 'why did it take you so long to go back to school', 'what reasons do you have for taking so much time off'. Anyways, I handled them all fairly well, and about a week and a bit ago I got a call saying I had the job.

So far I've had three shifts there (all last week), and I love it as much as I thought I would. The people working there are great, though I already knew about half of them fairly well, and the tasks are so numerous and (for me) interesting, that there's never really any down time, or time for me to get bored and then anxious.

We'll see how things go come September when I continue working and also start up at Carleton again, but I'm thinking it'll be fine. Especially since it's still first year courses, and although I'm taking three in the Fall/Winter, I'm only in school 2 days a week. So I'll have lots of spare time to both work, and do school work. Considering that the staff is almost entirely young adults like myself, I'm sure the schedule makers are accomadating.

It was also my parents 25th Wedding Anniversary on the 15th, and we had a big party here, and I'll post some pictures soon. It was a real blast, and there were about 42 people here, all close friends and family. There were skits, songs, dancing, drinks, speeches, etc.

Unfortunately the Aerosmith concert I was to attend in the beginning of September was cancelled due to Steven Tyler falling off the stage (which you can see here). So, that was a bummer, but I got the money back and spent it on a PS2 slim since our old one is practically dead and I miss my old PS1 games, and the Silent Hill and Resident Evil series. I'm also going to pick up Batman: Arkham Asylum tomorrow, which looks fucking badass (and is according to the short demo I played).

No comments: